I know I’m not supposed to count chickens before the eggs hatch but a girl can dream right? And with a steady source of income, a girl can’t help but dream, and dream BIG at that. I’m not a shopaholic, but I’m sure I have a huge tendency to be one so if I can help it, I will never get a credit card. I don’t like borrowing money and being in anyone’s debt anyway.
This is me trying to lay out my bigger purchase plans so I can practice a smidge of discipline. Hopefully I get everything before the year ends.
THE GREAT SPLURGE LIST
1. Braces: I really want to fix my teeth, and realign my jaw. The sooner I get braces, the sooner I can get them off. Not getting any younger y’know!
Estimated cost: 30-40k max, staggered payments
2. Lasik: I need to get a new prescription for my eyes (glasses/contacts) anyway, so why not go for the more permanent fix? I still have to see a doctor to know if I’m qualified for Lasik though.
Estimated Cost: 50k max, both eyes
3. Dance Classes/Gym membership: I get too lazy to work out at home, especially after the long commutes so I need to do my exercisin’ away from home. I can always just go jogging around MoA but dance classes just seem like more fun!
Estimated cost: ??
1. 64 GB iPod Touch 4: MUSIC + net browsing + cute camera apps.
Cost: USD 400 in retail
OR the slightly cheaper alternative
160 GB iPod Classic: MORE MUSIC. No other features though, but I’m thinking of buying a BB also, which can cover my netbrowsin’ needs. Argh indecisiveness will kill me.
Cost: USD 249 in retail
I think I can get a new iPod for a cheaper price in Greenhills (especially if I trade my old one in) but I kinda want to buy a brand new one, if only for the warranty. The Apple warranty for my current iPod has served me very well, I want that for my future iPod as well.
2. A Blackberry. Not sure what kind I want yet, but I don’t need a super fancy one. I have a separate music player and camera, so I’m not really looking for those features. Suggestions?
Estimated cost: 11-15k (for BB Curve)
3. Laptop: Not sure what kind I’m getting yet either but I want a heavy duty one that can handle my gaming needs.
LONG TERM INVESTMENT:
– My own place. :p
Do you have suggestions, advice or discouragements to offer? Please do tell, I could use the opinions.